Time to Read: 3 Minutes
Market participants remain focused on COVID-19 and the Federal Reserve as we enter the new year. In our 2022 Market Outlook, BWM Financial President Jeff Brown discusses these key themes and the affect they could have on the market in 2022. Here are the takeaways:
- Potential reversals that would be positive for markets include a change in the COVID landscape, supply chain moderation and a slowing in the rate of inflation
- Potential reversals that could be negative are a slowing economic and earnings growth, a more restrictive Fed and valuation adjustments
- BWM believes the Fed holds the key to 2022
- Future asset price appreciation is likely to be lower than previous years, especially in assets that have outperformed
- BWM is still overweight equities vs bonds and cash
We continue to monitor our indicators and are prepared to make tactical changes as the economic landscape shifts. Please contact BWM Financial if you would like to discuss your specific situation in more detail.
The opinions voiced in this material are for general information only and are not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual. Stratos Wealth Partners and its affiliates do not provide tax, legal or accounting advice. This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, tax, legal or accounting advice. You should consult your own tax, legal and accounting advisors before engaging in any transaction.