Time to Read: 3 Minutes
In our most recent webinar titled, “2021 Strategic Update: Adjusting allocations in a low-rate world”, we discuss how we are positioning our portfolios in the low-interest rate environment that exists today and we highlight some of the new tools that we are rolling out to clients in 2021. Here are the key takeaways:
- Low expected core bond returns expected for intermediate term, but this is not a reason to abandon fixed income as a shock absorber in portfolios.
- Most models will strategically adjust their benchmarks by ~5% in favor of equities over fixed income, in order to keep planning return assumptions intact.
- BWM will dollar cost average into these newer models and rebalance in early 2021.
- Opportunities still exist in equities, even after a strong recovery.
- BWM’s enhanced trading platform will allow more options for clients in 2021.
- BWM’s enhanced planning portal, FinLife, rolling out to clients now!
Please contact BWM Financial if you would like to discuss your specific situation in more detail or to learn more about the service enhancements we are rolling out in 2021.
The opinions voiced in this material are for general information only and are not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual. The economic forecasts set forth in this material may not develop as predicted and there can be no guarantee that strategies promoted will be successful. No reader should make any investment decision without first consulting his or her own personal financial advisor and conducting his or her own research and due diligence.